Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got an MSI for LogIT but what I need to do is insert some values into the registry for the licence key etc. I'm thinking that I could tag a batch script to run with the installer but I'm not sure how to go about creating the batch script to insert the registry values, or if in fact this will work.

 

Can anyone suggest?

 

The registry key I need to insert is under Software > LogIT > 3.0 > Serial Number in the registry.

Guest TheLibrarian
Posted (edited)

The easier way may be to create a transform.

 

If you want to go the batch file route, look at the REG command.

 

For example:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\LogIT\3.0" /t REG_SZ /v "SERIAL NUMBER" /d "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" /f

[

Edited by TheLibrarian
Bit more useful
Posted (edited)
The easier way may be to create a transform.

Can you tell me more? I've never done this before.

 

Edit: Okay, so I install the program then make the changes and then use software to create the .MST? Any suggestions as to software to use?

 

Edit2: Orca MSI editor perhaps?

Edited by Edu-IT
Posted

Why dont you export the registry key you want to install to a file.reg . place the reg file in a share and install it with a machine or user start up script with regedit /s \\server\\share\file.reg

 

Richard

Posted
Why dont you export the registry key you want to install to a file.reg . place the reg file in a share and install it with a machine or user start up script with regedit /s \\server\\share\file.reg

 

Richard

Made the MST now but that's also a good suggestion, and what I originally was going to do.

Guest TheLibrarian
Posted
The machine script should be OK, but the user script success would depend on the user access level to the PC.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...