cookie_monster Posted November 9, 2009 Posted November 9, 2009 I'm just about to add another Citrix server to our farm and i've noticed a new roll up "Hotfix Rollup Pack 5 for Citrix XenApp 5.0 and Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 32-bit Edition". Can you run Citrix boxes at different patch levels? I'd like to install the latest updates on this box then update the rest at our new service interval. We're running PS 4.5 on 2003. Cheers.
Ric_ Posted November 9, 2009 Posted November 9, 2009 You can mix patch levels but it's not recommended. FP2 is out now and a requirement of that is Rollup Pack 5. I upgraded a few weeks ago, taking a server at a time out of the application pool and running the installer (there's a load of additional components like the HDX stuff). Usually with rollups, I will simply deploy them via Installation Manager. You can create reports to identify 'missing' patches with the management console too.
cookie_monster Posted November 9, 2009 Author Posted November 9, 2009 Is FP2 for Xenapp 4.5 as well or just 5? I can't see it on the Citrix site for 4.5
Ric_ Posted November 9, 2009 Posted November 9, 2009 Is FP2 for Xenapp 4.5 as well or just 5? I can't see it on the Citrix site for 4.5 XenApp 4.5 is equivalent to XenApp 5 when you're talking about Server 2003. Hence, install away 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now