Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, we have just installed Sophos over our RM network. It would appear that PC's with Sophos on are occasionally shutting down. We also occasionally here a sound from the PC's a sort of 'Bong' if you like.

 

Could we have missed some vital policy or profile out? Anyone got any ideas

Posted

I havent ever heard of a profile or a setting that makes sophos switch computers off..

 

i have no clue about cc3 networks but sophos itself afaik cant switch pcs off.

 

Have you checked event logs to see if it is sophos shutting things down or another program?

Posted
We also occasionally here a sound from the PC's a sort of 'Bong' if you like.

 

 

I thought I was going mad! I keep hearing this when using Remote Desktop to our Sophos server, it's also happening on my laptop too, I presumed it was something to do with Windows 7.

 

Glad to know I'm not mad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...