Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Publisher 2007 - print job size very large


Recommended Posts

Posted
A member of staff is trying to print a 209Kb, 8-page publisher document 20 times. They tell publisher to print 20 copies, and the printer queue shows 600+Mb of data. There's an image on page 1, but uncompressed it takes only 1.5Mb. Anyone have any theories?
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Hi Gerry - you don't state which version of Word 2007 you are using is the student edition?

 

Think he said it was Publisher. :) I don't know why it won't print but I think my solution would be to convert it to pdf and then print.

Posted

One of my suggestions at the time to the party in question was publish to PDF then print. Should've posted that the guy phoned back later in the day to say he'd managed to sort it out. I didn't ask what he did, but he probably either printed from PDF or one of the things from the list below...

 

Usual Office fixes I can remember doing in the past are:

  • copy the contents of the document and paste into a new one
  • delete Normal.dot
  • change printer driver
  • if all else fails, repair the installation

 

I was going to do start doing the above if nobody had any ideas what was going on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...