Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, no complaints or anything but I was wondering why some of the front page blocks are modules and some articles?

 

Making up documentation for our site and one sticking point for some is modules vs articles on the front page.

Posted
1.5 lets you just add custom modules. It's easier for managing custom static content that you're not going to change. So you can easily insert php or html in the page. Articles are better for content that you're going to change, or time out, or bump down with newer articles. Moduel content stays where it is and won't be moved down and can't be timed out. I obviously cant speak for the EG pakcage because I wasn't involved but this tends to be the reason on other templates. You can always disable the modules and just run your articles from the top!
Posted

In addition to this an article can be edited from the front page using a WYSWYG editor, whilst a module cannot.

 

This means they are better for the actual page content, especially if you plan to play gatekeeper rather than content uploader.

Posted

Without being the dev I don't know...

 

But in this case I would assume it was for a mixture of preventing accidentel deletion, positioning (it's easier to position a module), and demostration of a module.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...