mac_shinobi Posted August 26, 2005 Posted August 26, 2005 Anyone know any very simple examples of firewalls in visual basic 6 or have any simple examples of how to make a simple firewall so that it blocks access to any process or application trying to access the internet , I am not sure how it would be done but just to give you an idea : Public Function FireWallBlock(Dim strProcessName() As String) ' All code here to block the process or processes End Function Call FirewallBlock(explorer.exe, iexplore.exe) This way I can have an array of process names that I want to block access to so that they can not access the internet at all and then a reverse function to allow those applications access to the internet again. Basically like the programs section in zone alarm where you can check or un check which programs you want to allow access but I want a simplified version of that. Thanks for any help
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now