TerryTibbs Posted September 29, 2009 Posted September 29, 2009 I heard that LBHF have contracted with a supplier under BSF to deliver all school IT services using thin client tech and schools have agreed to pay (presumably index linked) £300 per head per year for the privelege. Does anyone know anything about this?
srochford Posted September 29, 2009 Posted September 29, 2009 They are very big on outsourcing everything they can in order to "cut costs" (ie make people unemployed or pay them less) so that will be the driver here. I live in the borough and I can tell you that the council is very proud of the fact that they've cut council tax. What they say less about is that they've increased the cost of pretty much everything else (I think total spend increased last year by about 5% but I can't find the info on the web site - it was circulated to residents a couple of months ago.)
broc Posted September 29, 2009 Posted September 29, 2009 I heard that LBHF have contracted with a supplier under BSF to deliver all school IT services using thin client tech and schools have agreed to pay (presumably index linked) £300 per head per year for the privelege. Does anyone know anything about this? The thin client solution has been bid in a number of LAs, but £300 per head per year for the privilege is a serious amount of money; I believe some of the early BSF wave schools were paying £100-£120.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now