wesleyw Posted September 28, 2009 Posted September 28, 2009 I want to restore a document library from my old sharepoint system I have a backup file of it but I no longer have that sharepoint installation. I wondered how this could be done? Wes
jamesb Posted September 28, 2009 Posted September 28, 2009 There are various bits of software which do a selective restore, which might work. Or (and again I'm not sure if this would work) you could try a restore using the stsadm restore command (Restore: Stsadm operation (Office SharePoint Server)) and then export the document library into your new site. 1
wesleyw Posted September 28, 2009 Author Posted September 28, 2009 Well I've restored it to another instance I can see the records I want in the AllDocs table however I'm at a loss of how to extract these and put them into my sharepoint website? Wes
jamesb Posted September 28, 2009 Posted September 28, 2009 Not sure if this'll be any help, but might be worth a try - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/HA011545621033.aspx As far as I'm aware document libraries are essentially just a list. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now