garethEds Posted September 24, 2009 Posted September 24, 2009 (edited) I've just taken an image of a machine as I evaluate WDS here in school. I've pre-staged the machine in the AD with the GUID which I took from the network boot. However when I started the machine to check the sysprep worked it gave it a unique machine name and didn't pick up the machine name that I had given it in the AD. Can anyone tell me what setting I need in my sysprep config file to make sure it picks up the pre-staged the name and not the random name it has given itself. In relation to this - once I have imaged a machine then if everything goes wrong I find myself going back to image it again. Is there a way of editing an image to change the sysprep config file? There must be a tool out there that I am not aware of to do this. [Edit - Just found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936922] Cheers GJE Edited September 24, 2009 by garethedmondson
powdarrmonkey Posted September 24, 2009 Posted September 24, 2009 Use the %MACHINENAME% variable appropriately in sysprep.inf.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now