Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Just had a chance to go through the event logs of the servers since the last re-boot (this gets tested regularly as our power supply is not one of the best).

Apart from the usual bits and bobs there are a substantial number of DNS event 9002 - "error 9002 loading zone . from active directory"

I have found a fix that seems to work i.e. DnsCmd /Config /bootmethod

This, the forums assure me, will fix the problem until the next re-boot.

This is obviously a quick fix or it wouldn't come back, so what I want to know is - where is this zone "." it is whingeing about and how can I stop it permanently happening.

We are running Server 2003 R2 standard edition with SP2 and I have searched both AD and DNS for the errant full stop and cannot find it anywhere.

Sorry for such a long post

Edited by Hedghog
title error should be error 9002
Posted

If I remember correctly zone . is root, top-level, basically the 12 (I think) servers which host DNS for the internet.

 

Is your DNS server defined as being authoritative for all zones?

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...