Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We have Zimbra on a VM here, and it has an 11gb boot partition. We're going to start moving users on to the box and therefore need to increase this size. I used the VMWare Disk Tool to increase the HDD size, but I'm struggling to increase the size of the boot partition.

 

I've booted to a Live CD and this is a screenshot of the partition manager. Any help please? I just want the boot partition to be maxed out so there is plenty of email storage space.

 

Thanks,

Posted
Mark the partition and click 'Resize/Grow' then fiddle with the arrow in the popup box that comes up. Apply the changes to make it actually do the resize.
Posted
Mark the partition and click 'Resize/Grow' then fiddle with the arrow in the popup box that comes up. Apply the changes to make it actually do the resize.

 

I tried resize/move with the boot partition selected, but it wont grow bigger than the 11Gb it already is. It can shrink fine though.

 

Sorry, should have mentioned that in original post.

Posted

Thanks CyberNerd - didn't realise this was possible.

 

Deleted swap, recreated at end of disk (and made it 1GB instead of 500MB), and then resized the boot partition to use the rest of the space.

 

Still carrying out the actions, but it looks like it's going to work :D

Posted

That's great! Was bamboozled when typed 'free' and swap showed up as '0'!

 

Now I have a nice big partition for email storage, and a fully functioning swap.

 

For future reference (to help anyone else out) I entered:

 

mkswap -f /dev/sda5
swapon /dev/sda5

 

Where SDA5 is the name of my partition the swap is sat on.

 

Entered 'free' again and it confirmed I had a nice new 1GB swap partition.

 

Thanks CyberNerd :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...