cookie_monster Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 We have an old version of Java (5 update 9 I think) on our Citrix PS 4.5 servers, we were told not to update it as I can upset Citrix so I left it. I'd really like to update it to a newer version do any of you run a later version of Java than that? Thanks.
Iain Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 We are running PS 4.0, I recently updated Java to version 6 update 14 on the server, so I would think you'd be able to update for PS 4.5 too. There were a couple of patches to PS that were needed to get it to play nicely. I can't remember the exact ones (I'll double check when I'm back at work tomorrow), but I think it was the licensing server (well, the management console at least) that kicked up the most fuss. Iain.
CyberNerd Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 I messed up a citrix install by updating the java before. you need to install the new java over the top, rather than update an existing version as you should be able to have multiple installs ok. best advice is to install OpenOffice
cookie_monster Posted August 10, 2009 Author Posted August 10, 2009 best advice is to install OpenOffice Why? Won't that just put Jave 6 update 7 on and open office which I don't want on my Citrix box isn't it just easier to install Jave by itself? I messed up a citrix install by updating the java before Did just removing it solve the problem?
CyberNerd Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 actually, I really can't remember. sorry. all I can say is that I once installed a version of JRE and it overwrote 1.4 (or whatever was installed with citrix - probably presentation server 3) and it broke - presentation server console wouldn't load etc. Now I install OOo on all our servers whenever there is an update an don't have any probs. Did just removing it solve the problem? thinking about it - I might have got around the problem with a regkey hack. it was quite a long time ago....
cookie_monster Posted August 11, 2009 Author Posted August 11, 2009 Hmmm ok I think i'll take an image then give it a try
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now