FN-GM Posted July 30, 2009 Posted July 30, 2009 Hi, Can anyone recommend some good backup software for the Mac? I have googled abit but i am after some user feedback. I would like it to: Support encryption. Good Compression. Able to keep a good log of the backups. Be able to pick individual files to backup. I looked at time machine but i would like to select what to backup, not the whole drive. What do you use? Thanks
networkmanager Posted July 31, 2009 Posted July 31, 2009 (edited) We use ARCHIWARE | PresSTORE Archive - Overview and it seems capable to handle the points you mentioned. The hardware that does the backup is the Tandberg Data Storage, uses the 1.6TB x 8 Tapes, so technically you can setup 6 Full Backups over six weeks, say every friday and 2 Incrementals to run alternately from Mon - Thursday, works for us. Edited July 31, 2009 by networkmanager
mac_shinobi Posted August 3, 2009 Posted August 3, 2009 Just thought this may help some what ( I know its not for leopard ( 10.5.x ) but should give you a reasonable idea plasticsfuture Mac Backup Software Harmful According to that superduper is the best one http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now