michaelf Posted July 27, 2009 Posted July 27, 2009 Hi there guys. I've been asked to look into the possibility of an IDE switch for use on some of our dual purpose machines. We're after something that can take 2 or 3 IDE drives plugged into it and then a nice switch on the front of the machine to switch between them. I've had a look on Google and have found four products, NickLock, ComBox, Romtec Trios and the Indus IDEX. However, from what I can tell all these companies have gone out of business recently and the products aren't available for purchase anywhere. I'm not looking to actually purchase anything at this point in time as things are still in the consultation phase, but am simply interested to know if such devices are still around. BTW, we have already considered dual boot as a possibility and while we may have to go down this route it's not ideal as students will be formatting the drives as part of their course. We have also considered external HDD caddies, and while these work well we've had a number of cases of damage to the caddies during inserting and removing. As such, ideally we'd want a self contained solution. Many thanks in advance for your help.
Midget Posted July 27, 2009 Posted July 27, 2009 have a look at Xbox1 modding (xbox-scene forum) as people use them there due to the xbox only being able to handle 1HDD
michaelf Posted July 27, 2009 Author Posted July 27, 2009 The site's blocked here but I'll take a look tonight when I get home. Many thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now