cookie_monster Posted July 14, 2009 Posted July 14, 2009 I know there have been a few threads on these in the past but i'm wondering what people that have used them for a while think currently. The 80F seems to be a model that we would use as it supports video as well, anyone using them and know approx cost? Also I remember an issue with headphones. All info appreciated. Thanks. Axel: AX3000 Products - Comparison
Axel Posted July 15, 2009 Posted July 15, 2009 @ cookie_monster I'll answer your questions below for the benefit of anyone else who is following it, all will be clear for you when you recieve the unit for evaluation tomorrow... I know there have been a few threads on these in the past but i'm wondering what people that have used them for a while think currently. All RDP/ICA thin client applications - including more unusual uses like driving AV Displays in foyers (using VNC) The 80F seems to be a model that we would use as it supports video as well, anyone using them and know approx cost? Current price for M80f £157, (ex VAT) This includes: VESA mounting bracket Remote Management Software All f/w upgrades for life of product & technical support 3 year warranty Also I remember an issue with headphones. No issues, sound is supported on M80f via USB port. (ie native USB headset/speakers or "USB to 3.5mm" converter dongle) Anyone with 'older' M80f's and would like the new sound enabled f/w please get in touch. It takes 30 seconds to upgrade the f/w All info appreciated. Thanks. Axel: AX3000 Products - Comparison
cookie_monster Posted July 15, 2009 Author Posted July 15, 2009 I do find the 3 year warranty interesting HP can't seem to manage that even though they bang on about how simple the units are and how long they should last for. "These units will be good for 7 years but well only commit to 1 just in case"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now