plexer Posted July 10, 2009 Posted July 10, 2009 I have a 2TB terrastation running firmware v1.00 so it's one of the early ones. The 2TB is 4 x 500GB SATA drives. Now I have 4 x 1.5TB SATA drives does anyone know if this will work? Ta. Ben
robk Posted July 10, 2009 Posted July 10, 2009 I have to do nearly the same thing. There is a mention in Sept 2009`s pc pro Real world networks section about doing the same thing, and it mentions having to re-flash the firmware twice. I know there is a hidden partition on each drive with the os on it, so I guess reflashing the firmware updates this. Not tryed this yet, but will update when I do. RobK
john Posted July 10, 2009 Posted July 10, 2009 Hmmmm this would be useful to know as I am tempted to use the HDDs from mine for something else and swap them back if needed but need to be sure I can get them re-accepted.
plexer Posted July 11, 2009 Author Posted July 11, 2009 well i whacked the drives in yesterday. It booted into em mode and i left it formatting.↲ Will update monday.
plexer Posted July 13, 2009 Author Posted July 13, 2009 Well the firmware update didn't work correctly so I re did it this morning and this time it worked fine. However configured as a raid5 the array shows as being 1,755,708,928 kbytes seeing as each drive is listed as 1,465,138,584 kbytes seems like that ain't working properly. Maybe these old power pc versions can't handle big drives. Ben 1
john Posted July 13, 2009 Posted July 13, 2009 Hmmmm so its still basically the exact same size as the previous one, in a way that helps me as I could put the orignal drives back and then it works rather than expand so thats useful in a way But not that useful for you who wanted to expand it
plexer Posted July 14, 2009 Author Posted July 14, 2009 Yeah but also as it was reporting such a strange size I wouldn't be confident that the data was secure. Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now