Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

My Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 has suddenly developed a bit of a 'hiccup'.

Outlook Anywhere (formerly RPC over HTTP) has suddenly stopped working, so my clients cannot connect using Outlook (2007) ever since I installed Server 2008 SP2 a week or so ago.

OWA still works fine and we have the correct signed certificate in place and it was working before this.

As far as I can ascertain this may be caused by the Exchange autodiscover function being reset/disabled, but I'm having problems finding the correct commands and syntax for resetting this. Does anyone else have (or had) this problem or can anyone give me a link to the correct procedure for resetting it?

Posted

I've noticed once that Outlook Anywhere decided to disable its self, I re-enabled it and worked after that.

 

bonce the server.

Posted
Hi,

 

To run tests against your Exchnage server from Exchange powershell:

 

Test-OutlookWebServices -ClientAccessServer "CASServer01"

 

also try using

 

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

 

This site will tell you whats going wrong.

 

If you need anymore help trouble shooting let me know.

 

Mark

 

 

Well the command worked perfectly. Autodiscover is active and correct. Still no connections though. The test site does not work as the way that it works in CLEO is tha the traffic goes through a gateway and there is no DNS lookup or global IP for our Exchange, so it bombs out. I reckon it 'may' be a CLEO issue.

Hmmmmmm.

Posted

Just another thought, might be worth checking the Firewall rules, i think when i updated one of my CAS servers, it closed some exchange ports. You mentioned you upgraded to SP2, it might have reset your firewall policy on your exchange server.

 

Mark

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...