DAckroyd Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 Hi all - this is a simple question for those who know the answer... I have just had the message pop-up saying I have 3 days left to upgrade to the RC - I have found the instructions on the MSDN Blog for how to upgrade from the beta to the RC by editing the cversion.ini file but their example has different numbers so I wanted to check before continueing: [HostBuild] MinClient=7100 MinServer=7000 [HostBuild] MinClient=7077.0 MinServer=7000.0 do I just change it to 7100 and 7000 like the example has? Thanks, Dave
jamesb Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 You'll need to change it to an earlier or equal version to the one you've got, so I guess 7.077 at least. No idea if it'll work after that though. Let me know if it does as I have to upgrade my own soon.
Jon Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 I have completed this process on two machines this weekend. I simply changed the MinClient= to 6999 This worked on both machines without a hitch. 1
DAckroyd Posted June 29, 2009 Author Posted June 29, 2009 I have completed this process on two machines this weekend. I simply changed the MinClient= to 6999 This worked on both machines without a hitch. does miniserver get left as is?
jamesb Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 You're not upgrading a server, so it doesn't really matter. 1
Jon Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 does miniserver get left as is? Yes did not alter miniserver You just have to have miniclient at a lower number than the version you are upgrading. The beta was version 7000 so I set miniclient to 6999.
DAckroyd Posted June 29, 2009 Author Posted June 29, 2009 here goes... just going to run the upgrade and see if all works - thanks for help guys
DAckroyd Posted June 29, 2009 Author Posted June 29, 2009 Well I'm back and it worked fine - about 2 hours to run the upgrade... about double-four time that of the fresh install
DAckroyd Posted July 1, 2009 Author Posted July 1, 2009 Everything seems to be fine after the upgrade appart from Virtual PC didn't work so I got the beta with WinXP mode but I can't see how to boot my windows XP PC
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now