Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
I'm trying to setup an NFS share on a 2K8 box to store ISO's for ESX but everytime I try to add NFS storage to the hosts I an error saying the request was denied by the NFS server. What do I need to do to be able to allow the esx hosts to see the NFS share?

error.JPG

Posted

I'm in a similar kind of position but I'm using a Sun 7410 as the NFS device. I got this error too and it was because I'd forgotten to enable read/write mode on the NFS share, I'm not sure how this relates to Server 2008 though. The other main thing to check would be permissions, but does anyone know what account ESX uses to connect to the NFS share?

 

Once I'd got around your problem I then got Error during the configuration of the host: Cannot open volume: /vmfs/volumes/whatever. Which is where I'm still stuck at. My thread's here if anyone can help or post an NFS/ESX how-to guide on here...

 

Cheers,

Chris

Posted

The “User Name Mapping” service doesn't seem to exist in Server 2008. Im also now getting the same error as Duke. Error during the configuration of the host: Cannot open volume: /vmfs/volumes/whatever

There seems to be a lot on the vmwae forums and usually people are removing ESX4 and going back to ESX3.5. I don't really want to do this as it seems a bit of a backwards step.

Posted
:cheer2:I've managed to attach the NFS store to the first host, just need to work out step-by-step what I did and configure the other 2.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...