Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone have any experience of using podium? How do you think it fares against audacity?

 

We currently use audacity, which I love, but are having podium training tonight (don't ask!!)so was wondering what you guys thought.

 

I've just downloaded the 30 day trial of Podium.

 

:rolleyes:

Posted

We had podium demonstration for teachers on a training day which no one thought usefull to invite any tech staff too. I only found out about stuff as there was a problem with the personal laptop being used that I was asked to have a look at to get the demonstration going. I personally couldn't see anything better about podium that couldn't be done with free software. Although the teachers seemed to like the idea that it was quite easy to do podcasts etc with relatively little knowledge.

 

Although I must say that it may have worked better had there been better communication between Tech Support and whoever organised the presentaion as the LEA filters blocked alot of their content due to podcasting being blocked. As I wasn't told about the demonstration it was too late to do anything about it.

 

Personally the only people I could see using it, would already use audacity, but thats not to say that it was no good. From what I've seen it does the job well, but that was about 12 months ago now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...