park_bench Posted June 15, 2009 Posted June 15, 2009 Hello, I think I read once that you can define a name for an array of terms and then call that list as criteria in a CountIf or SumIf formula but now I can't find any material on it. So for example your list called 'colours' might be {"green", "yellow", "blue", "brown"} and you could do something like: =countif(range, {colours}) Does anyone know if this is possible or was it a beautiful dream? Thanks, Ben
apeo Posted June 15, 2009 Posted June 15, 2009 Think you need dcounta. =dcounta(database,field,criteria)
apeo Posted June 15, 2009 Posted June 15, 2009 Heres an Example: Say your table is = Colours Brown Green Brown Yellow Yellow Green Blue If you want to count how many Brown and Green then you need to create a criteria table = Colours Brown Green Your formula will look like this = =dcounta(A1:A8,"Colours",A10:A12) Your database table is in the range A1:A8 and your criteria table is in the range A10:A12 1
park_bench Posted June 15, 2009 Author Posted June 15, 2009 Great thanks! I'll have a play with that. Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now