Gildresh Posted June 4, 2009 Posted June 4, 2009 Hello, I found the great document by Ashok on setting up a Secure WiFi network using IAS. I have followed the document and all my settings look correct. I am using a GPO to pust the wifi settings to the clients. On my test PC however it will not connect. When I check the event log I see the IAS event and it looks likt the client is sending it's MAC address as the user ID in place of the domain user ID. Event Type: Warning Event Source: IAS Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 6/4/2009 Time: 10:35:05 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVERACCT Description: User 00195b750410 was denied access. Fully-Qualified-User-Name = BLAZEDOM\00195b750410 NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.1.10 NAS-Identifier = Called-Station-Identifier = 00-22-6B-E9-84-B9:BlazeWiFi Calling-Station-Identifier = 00-19-5B-75-04-10 Can anyone point me to the cause and resolution of this? Thanks
spc-rocket Posted June 4, 2009 Posted June 4, 2009 (edited) Hello, I found the great document by Ashok on setting up a Secure WiFi network using IAS. I have followed the document and all my settings look correct. I am using a GPO to pust the wifi settings to the clients. On my test PC however it will not connect. When I check the event log I see the IAS event and it looks likt the client is sending it's MAC address as the user ID in place of the domain user ID. Event Type: Warning Event Source: IAS Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 6/4/2009 Time: 10:35:05 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVERACCT Description: User 00195b750410 was denied access. Fully-Qualified-User-Name = BLAZEDOM\00195b750410 NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.1.10 NAS-Identifier = Called-Station-Identifier = 00-22-6B-E9-84-B9:BlazeWiFi Calling-Station-Identifier = 00-19-5B-75-04-10 Can anyone point me to the cause and resolution of this? Thanks Hi, What is the client OS that you're running i.e. windows xp (SP1, SP2, SP3 etc). Also make sure that you patch the IAS server with the hotfixes - there are not many for IAS so if you add SP2 for server 2003 then it should all be covered. I've not seen the above behaviour and it does look odd. Not sure about this but have a look at this -> http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/expert/KnowledgebaseAnswer/0,289625,sid7_gci1093432,00.html It seems to talk about mac authorisation policy which you may not want. Ash. Edited June 4, 2009 by spc-rocket
Gildresh Posted June 4, 2009 Author Posted June 4, 2009 Client OS is XP Pro SP3 Server is 2003 standard with SP2 All the updates have been installed. I'm not sure if it is a client or server issue at this point. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now