Oops_my_bad Posted June 1, 2009 Posted June 1, 2009 (edited) Hi, Have a problem with some thin clients we got. THis has started happening all of a sudden and nothing has been changed. When the ICA client connects the small "negotiating connection" bar comes on very briefly and then disappears, and leaves a black screen. Normally at this point the W2K8 logon screen would appear but nothing.. just black screen with a white cursor. If I pre-stage login credentials in the thin client that works OK So for some reason the logon screen just isnt appearing On the other hand the web interface is working fine? Anyone got any idea what it could be? Checked all event logs and everything looks good... Thin clients are HP T5735's Thanks Edited June 1, 2009 by Oops_my_bad
Ric_ Posted June 1, 2009 Posted June 1, 2009 Have you checked how many free licenses are available on your TS license server? I seem to remember having a similarly odd problem after replacing a load of terminals (the licenses get tied to the client device MAC fo 90 days IIRC). If you're using per user TS CALs, the whole pre-populating the login credential thing might be explained. 1
Oops_my_bad Posted June 1, 2009 Author Posted June 1, 2009 Hi Ric, Thanks for your input - we are using per user licencing mode (set on TS licenser and citrix box). Licencsing diagnosis says I have 80 free of 80 user licences and is having no problems issuing them
Ric_ Posted June 1, 2009 Posted June 1, 2009 Hi Ric, Thanks for your input - we are using per user licencing mode (set on TS licenser and citrix box). Licencsing diagnosis says I have 80 free of 80 user licences and is having no problems issuing them I'd suggest it is having problems since none of them have been issued! Check the event logs on both the license server and terminal server(s) - I seem to remember there being a meaningful message. Make sure that the terminal servers are ointed towards the license server correctly too. EDIT - we are talking about the same license server aren't we? I'm talking about MS Terminal Services CALs, not XenApp licenses.
Oops_my_bad Posted June 1, 2009 Author Posted June 1, 2009 Sorry should have said, one is getting issued when I connect either via thin client device (and not getting the logon screen) or web interface, and are returned on session ending. This seems to be the case for both xenapp and TS licences
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now