googlemad Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Got a HP 2550N steam engine driven colour laser printer, anyway the network card part appears to have died. No flashing lights, tried connecting to several different known working network points with several different known working network cables Printing a status pages shows the card there with the following details: Status : I/O Card Not Ready LAN ERROR - LOSS OF CARRIER I have taken the motherboard part of the printer to bits, i.e. reseated the JetDirect card and cables, it does work through a USB connection. Any ideas? Before it goes in the canal!
UproarUK Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 We had a similar problem with a HP printer. Cant remember exactly what the error was but the lights had gone out on the card, and changing network points didnt help. A replacement JetDirect card off ebay did the trick though, was about £7.
dhicks Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Any ideas? Throw it out and get a new printer. We have one of these printers with the exact same problem. For the moment I've attached a spare USB network print server to it, and before that I had it attached via USB to its own dedicated PC acting as a print server, but it's way less bother to simply chuck it out and get a refurbished HP 4650 for £300 or similar instead. Buying a whole new printer is probably cheaper than replacing the toner cartridges, too. -- David Hicks
ricki Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 HI I had a similar one a bit back and it would not work because it did not like the swictch it was plugged into at all. I moved it to a different location in the school and it worked ok. I never did find out why but I think the gig switch was just too new for the nic card in the printer. Richard
SYNACK Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 I had one die also and ended up using an external USB print server box like dhicks until it was replaced. It was much cheaper than a replacement jetdirect card which would have cost us $350 .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now