Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Guys,

 

I've picked up a ML350 G3 server and wanted to dump Server 2008 on it........I've tried:

 

Booting from CD............asks for RAID drivers and cant seem to find the Smart Array 523 (Server 2008 x86 Drivers)

 

Used SmartStart CD 8.0 x86 and only gives option for Server 2003

 

Used SmartStart CD 8.3 x86 and it freezes at 26%

 

Tried upgrading the OS from 2003 and BSOD (I know horrible way of doing it, wanted to test)

 

Now I know this server is a little old lol but I did pick it up for £30 off ebay with Dual Xeon, 2Gb of RAM and 2x 72Gb SCSI Ultra320 disks.

 

Anyone know where I can get the Server 2008 Smart Array 523 32-Bit Drivers?

 

Thanks,

Posted

You are right, they're aren't any 2008 Server or Vista drivers. Not sure what else you can do other than install an Adaptec SCSI card and install 2008 Server on this.

 

If you use nLite, it should make installing drivers a breeze. Nothing to it :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...