Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay I have a issue that is really bugging me at present. Firstly when loading up sharepoint it asks twice for my username and password not sure why but it does this isn't the biggest PITA though when going to a mysite personal docs area or a shared docs area either on mysite or elsewhere within sharepoint on trying to open in windows explorer under actions I get a login box which when entering my username adds the sites url to the front and a forward slash which of course doesn't exist if I press cancle the windows explorer still appears? However if I try and map a drive letter to this it asks for the username and password and falls over. Every other time sharepoint asks for a username and password the domainname\username and password is fine just not here is there something messed up in one of the settings somewhere?

 

 

Wes

Posted

I am also getting the following error:

 

Error

 

 

 

 

 

 

Your changes could not be saved because this SharePoint Web site has exceeded the storage quota limit.

You must save your work to another location. Contact your administrator to change the quota limits for the Web site.

 

 

 

Even though I've removed all the quota limits?

Posted
With the quota limits, have you removed all quota limits for the site collection where you've got MySites sitting as well as for MySites itself?
Posted

Yes but changing the quotas won't change the user quota it doesn't look at the templates after initial creation you need either a VS code enhancement or I've found a nice little util called Sharepoint Manager 2007 this will reallocate the template properly. The problems with logging into Document areas still exists though?

 

 

Wes

Posted

Still having issues with the personal documents I can't map a drive to them. When it trys to load up the page it asks for a username and password so I type it in and it adds the entire url as a prefix i.e. portal.schoolname.sch.uk\username instead of schoolname.internal\username so it won't log in how do I get round this?

 

 

Wes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...