RabbieBurns Posted April 20, 2009 Posted April 20, 2009 im looking to get my granny a laptop so i can video call her. Shes nearly 98. She manages to navigate through all the various satellite systems ive installed for her to find the Celtic games whatever channel they may be on, so don't think a laptop would be toooo far beyond her capability.... But would like to get something which is simple to use. Im thinking maybe if there is something for like pre-schoolers or something it might be suitable? Basically just want her to be able to turn it on and it will automatically load skype and sign her in etc, then she just had to press big green button to answer. Touchscreen maybe? Suggestions on a postcard
jamesb Posted April 20, 2009 Posted April 20, 2009 Something like this maybe - Asus Eee Linux-based Skype Videophone • Register Hardware? 1
RabbieBurns Posted April 20, 2009 Author Posted April 20, 2009 Something like this maybe - Asus Eee Linux-based Skype Videophone • Register Hardware? that looks ideal! I think I might just have to get one of those for her to try. Many thanks!
jamesb Posted April 20, 2009 Posted April 20, 2009 that looks ideal! I think I might just have to get one of those for her to try. Many thanks! If you do then let me know whether it lives up to the review, I'm considering getting one myself since I don't bother with a landline phone. It'd be great for multiplayer long-distance family games nights if its all they say.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now