CyberNerd Posted June 14, 2006 Posted June 14, 2006 Should this be possible or am I flogging a dead horse? I'm unsuccessfully trying to reverse proxy a zimbra install through apache for external access. I can get to the site ok, but the login screen is bombing out - any ideas?
webman Posted June 14, 2006 Posted June 14, 2006 Do all the references to CSS and javascript files resolve OK? That's the only reason that I can think of.
CyberNerd Posted June 14, 2006 Author Posted June 14, 2006 seems to. I can wget the index page ok. the index page has reference to some .jsp files to eg: /zimbra/zimbra/public/frameOpenerHer.jsp I can wget those ok, but they download just the original index.html - I assume because i've not logged in. For comparison I get a 404 trying to download a nonexistant file in - as I should. I suspect something is going wrong with the reverse proxying - maybe I just need LEA to forward me another IP :/
CyberNerd Posted June 15, 2006 Author Posted June 15, 2006 To clear up, this is possible and there is a thread on it here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082&highlight=reverse+proxy I'm going to give up on this though, I wanted to use it for testing but a longer term solution is for our ISP to open another port/address inwards. (and it saves me building mod_proxy_html from source on BSD, then further hacking of zimbra into compliance!) Thanks for your help webman, you got me in the right direction
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now