EduTech Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 Hi, Currently our school calender is created in a spreadsheet that get's printed off. As we will be using Sharepoint as of september, the Deputy would like to build the calendar on sharepoint instead of having a printed version. To add every event into the calendar is going to be a pretty big job, and its a pretty big process to add an event. So Is there anyway we can import events into the calendar from csv format or something along those lines? Many Thanks James.
trolley01 Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 Untested answer here: Once you have created your calendar in Sharepoint, you can open the calendar from Sharepoint in Access. From there you could then import the CSV.
EduTech Posted March 26, 2009 Author Posted March 26, 2009 Thanks for the reply, I say what i am hoping for is that i give her a spreadsheet with headers, she fills it in and then i can simply import it into sharepoint I might be dreaming
trolley01 Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 I've just tried it. I created an Excel spreadsheet with headings on it relating to the fields in the Calendar. Then opened the calendar through Sharepoint, go to Actions and then Open with Access. In Access I then Imported the data to the table. Refreshed the calendar, and the data appeared.
EduTech Posted March 26, 2009 Author Posted March 26, 2009 (edited) Awesome... Thank you i'll give that ago now. James. Edit: Hmm, I dont have Open with Access in Actions i only have Export to Spreadsheet, RSS Feeds Edited March 26, 2009 by EduTech
trolley01 Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 No problem. Have found it is a bit picky over data formats. If you can it would be worth setting up some validation on the spreadsheet now before you give it to someone else - should save you a headache later!
EduTech Posted March 27, 2009 Author Posted March 27, 2009 Any one else got any thoughts? I never had "Open With Access" in the "Actions" Menu. Cheers James.
TheScarfedOne Posted March 27, 2009 Posted March 27, 2009 I just had a quick look at mine - and this works for me to (although since we also use Office 2007 - the calendar can be edited in Outlook)... I've got the Connect to Access option...
EduTech Posted March 27, 2009 Author Posted March 27, 2009 I just had a quick look at mine - and this works for me to (although since we also use Office 2007 - the calendar can be edited in Outlook)... I've got the Connect to Access option... Ah i see, so what haven't to configured then... hmm... going to have a little look i think as this cant be right Cheers for clarifying that stuart. James.
Puppyqueen Posted February 25, 2011 Posted February 25, 2011 I've just tried it. I created an Excel spreadsheet with headings on it relating to the fields in the Calendar. Then opened the calendar through Sharepoint, go to Actions and then Open with Access. In Access I then Imported the data to the table. Refreshed the calendar, and the data appeared. I am trying to do a similar task only I am having issues importing Excel into Access so I can refresh the data. Can you maybe give some more instructions? Mickie
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now