jamesb Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 A few years ago I had a great piece of software to keep track of a cocktail collection. It tracked equipment, liquor, liquers, mixers, garnishes, the lot. Unfortunately I lost it at some point and I've been having trouble finding any similar replacement. Anyone knowing of this software, or anything similar, would receive my eternal gratitude. You can also have a free cocktail if you happen to be anywhere near Bedford, once my collection is replenished.
Gonk Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 I might be able to help you out with that one... I have got a CD somewhere that has a magnificent list of cocktails, equiptment granishes etc, so let me have a look in the garage and I'll get back to you... Ross 1
sahmeepee Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 I think you can do it here: DRINKSMIXER.COM: 17900+ mixed drink recipes, cocktails and drinks and access your virtual liquor from anywhere there is a web browser. Unfortunately your actual liquor is less accessible! I recommend the Maverick from that site. 1
jamesb Posted March 11, 2009 Author Posted March 11, 2009 Thanks Gonk. I appreciate it. And sahmeepee, that's the sort of thing I'm looking for but I was hoping for an application rather than a website. Thanks anyway though.
zag Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 (edited) Funny you should post this, I just wrote an app for exactly this purpose after investing in a home bar. The software could do with some testing and its in active development so feature requests can be done quickly It is web based, but its designed to be installed and run from a local machine. Its also designed to be used on a touch screen but still needs a little work on that front MeediOS :: View topic - Cocktails drinks ideas http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9153/image2y.png http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7503/image1o.png Features - Show dynamically the drinks available with ingredients in stock according to your supplies list - Video instructions - Add new cocktails and ingredients - Volume tracking of ingredients - Web interface so accessible from anywhere - Touchscreen friendly Edited March 13, 2009 by zag 1
jamesb Posted March 13, 2009 Author Posted March 13, 2009 Thanks, that looks perfect. I've got a machine sitting doing nothing at the moment, and this looks like the perfect use for it.
zag Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 Cool let me know how you get on, you will need IIS with ASP support running. Just added search, browse by letter, lots of filters(click on the column headings) and other useful stuff. Would be great if you could add some content, its pretty stable now. All the images should be 100 pixels tall and the videos in SWF format. I've got a separate video pack but its 400mb big so need to host it somewhere.
jamesb Posted March 13, 2009 Author Posted March 13, 2009 Decided I was feeling too lazy to install Windows Server on my spare machine, but managed to get it running on my Windows 7 laptop easily enough. Looks very good so far, I'll keep you updated on any new cocktails I add. It has reminded me how much I need to expands my cabinet though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now