rrothwell Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 At our school, we currently have an Exchange 2003 box. Its fallen upon me to setup and migrate to the new Exchange 2007 box. So I've installed the OS and Exchange '07, migrated a few test users, setup a send connector to Internet, etc. I'm now at the point where internal (test) users are automatically authenticated (via Windows Integrated Authentication), and the test users can send mail between themselves internally, but I cant send any mail out or receive any in from external. I'm sure the problem lies at the ISA box. I tried altering the existing rules for the '03 box to point to the '07 box but that didnt seem to work. Im sure the main problem is that there was no SSL setup for the '03 box and i'm supposed to be setting this box up in the same manner. Does anyone know if this cant be done for any reason...... or have any other ideas why I cant email outside? Thanks.
pooley Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 have you pointed your MX records at the new Exch07 box? Can you telnet the Exch07 box on port 25? Check your MX records are pointed to the correct server IP (MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now