SYNACK Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 (edited) I just found this fantastic guide on creating ADM files to use for managing registry keys via group policy. I know that ADM is getting a little dated now with the uptake of Windows Server 2008 and ADMX. But this is still very useful for managing XP clients on a 2003 network an understanding how Group Policy actually works. It was posted to this blog just over a year ago: Florian’s Blog » How to create a custom ADM template? I have uploaded a copy of the PDF here as the download seemed a little slow from the blog and given the nasty habbit web sites have of dissapearing. There is additional Microsoft documentation here: Writing Custom ADM Files for System Policy Editor There is also a tool avalible to convert ADM templates to ADMX here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0F1EEC3D-10C4-4B5F-9625-97C2F731090C&displaylang=enhowto_admTemplates.pdf Edited February 25, 2009 by SYNACK 3
bossman Posted February 4, 2010 Posted February 4, 2010 @SYNACK: Forgot I already had it but thanks for the memory jog. :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now