siuko Posted February 18, 2009 Posted February 18, 2009 I have been thinking of trying to implement something (at the moment its a sharepoint blog I've just added to the VLE) so I can record changes to the network and ICT systems for staff to read. For example we have updated Sims to the December release (7.114) and I would like staff to know that as the load screen has changed a bit and I don't want them thinking something is wrong. I would also like to be able to let them know that it has been updated so any workstations I've missed if they have issues with updating it themselves to let me know. How do people go about keeping staff informed to changes on their networks and computers? PS. I don't go to any morning briefings etc - and the few times I have passed info through the ICT coordinator (teacher) for morning briefing it seems to fall on deaf ears. So it seemed better to provide some place for them to read about changes if they wish too. Any ideas?
jamesb Posted February 18, 2009 Posted February 18, 2009 If you're using Sharepoint then why not use the Announcements list?
siuko Posted February 18, 2009 Author Posted February 18, 2009 Yeah I had thought of that too.... but didn't know how good it was at keeping history etc. I can also setup Categories on a sharepoint blog site which might help them find the info relevant to them easier? I will do a few test announcements to see what its like... thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now