Halfmad Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 Yes, one of my numpty collegues has applied our ultra secure lockdown policy for terminal services to an entire domain No run, no regedit, no local drives etc. Anyone know of anyway I can get in as an administrator to remove this? the two admin accounts I have both have it applied. I haven't tried logging in locally as I'm 50miles away, any ideas?
jamesb Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 You may be able to do something with Directory Services restore mode. Microsoft describe how this can be used remotely, but it will take down your domain controller for a time. Restart the domain controller in Directory Services Restore Mode Remotely 1
Halfmad Posted February 4, 2009 Author Posted February 4, 2009 Cheers mate, fortunately the local users had locked the desktop after logging in as administrator a few days ago rather than logging out. Managed to get in and delete the policy. Saved me a long drive to reboot it as you suggested! I'm off to kill someone, so I might not be posting for 5-12 years
jamesb Posted February 4, 2009 Posted February 4, 2009 Don't they allow internet access in jail these days then? Glad it was easier to sort out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now