RabbieBurns Posted January 16, 2009 Posted January 16, 2009 Is there any way to disable the feature of whenever anyone posts a local url, such as http://mymachine to disable the site automatically turning it into a link to edugeek? EduGeek.net
Michael Posted January 16, 2009 Posted January 16, 2009 I suspect it 'might' be a security feature. By placing the URL within Code tags makes the URL inactive, so someone has to copy and paste.
RabbieBurns Posted January 16, 2009 Author Posted January 16, 2009 I don't think I explained that the right way round. I put it in the code tags so it would display - the link with edugeek at the bottom is what happens if I hadnt put the code tags
ZeroHour Posted January 16, 2009 Posted January 16, 2009 Just uncheck the checkboxs called: Automatically parse links in text Automatically retrieve titles from external links Below on the post page (or in Advanced rather then quick reply) and it should stop it http://localhost 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now