FN-GM Posted January 13, 2009 Posted January 13, 2009 Hi There I have just made a clean install of Server 2003 R2 and i am planning on using it for SharePoint Services. When i install it informs me i need to allow ASP .Net 2 in IIS. When i go into Web Service Extensions all i can see is version 1.1.4322. I have installed .net framework 2 in add and remove components. I have done some googling but can't find a solution. Have i missed something here? Thanks Z
EduTech Posted January 13, 2009 Posted January 13, 2009 Try this... should do the trick (good job i kept notes from when i installed it) 1. Open IIS Manager (open Run dialog from Start Menu and type 'inetmgr' in Start Edit Combo Box). 2. In the IIS manager window, expand the Local Computer node. 3. Click on Web Service Extensions node. 4. Allow "Active Server Pages" and "ASP .net v2.0.xxxxx". James.
FN-GM Posted January 14, 2009 Author Posted January 14, 2009 I know that but the problem is it is not showing in iis
PeterH Posted January 14, 2009 Posted January 14, 2009 Try: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.xxxxx\aspnet_regiis -i -enable
FN-GM Posted January 15, 2009 Author Posted January 15, 2009 Try: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.xxxxx\aspnet_regiis -i -enable Hi thanks for the help but that .exe isn't there for some reason. Thanks
Apollo Posted January 15, 2009 Posted January 15, 2009 I have found in the past that if you install .NET 2.0 before IIS you need to restart to get the ASP extensions to show up.
FN-GM Posted January 15, 2009 Author Posted January 15, 2009 I have found in the past that if you install .NET 2.0 before IIS you need to restart to get the ASP extensions to show up. tried that, still no joy
kmount Posted January 17, 2009 Posted January 17, 2009 If that exe isn't there, it suggests you've got a duff .net2 installation. (Have just checked a 2003 server).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now