RabbieBurns Posted January 12, 2009 Posted January 12, 2009 I have a rar archive I need to try to recover the password from. Currently im using a windows based program, but my fastest machines are my *nix boxes. Does anyone know of a command line based recovery tool I could use to speed things up a bit?
Jenko22 Posted January 12, 2009 Posted January 12, 2009 Ive not used it so can't comment on it but i came across rarcrack
RabbieBurns Posted January 12, 2009 Author Posted January 12, 2009 Thanks. Will give it a go, but im looking really for a dictionary one as Im sure they wont have chosen something complex.
Jenko22 Posted January 12, 2009 Posted January 12, 2009 (edited) How about John The Ripper i'm not sure if that can be run against a .rar Edited January 12, 2009 by Jenko22
RabbieBurns Posted January 13, 2009 Author Posted January 13, 2009 Ive never got john the ripper working with anything! But thanks. I tried the first one Jenko22 posted, but it would 'find' the password after only about 5 mins each time, false positives all over.
Recommended Posts