Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

HI

 

Please could anyone help me. I am currently running dansguardian and squid as a web filtering server and that works great. I picks up the users from identd which runs on the windows xp machines and that works great.

 

I have managed to create a silent install with the following command in a .bat file

 

"\\server\software\ident\identd.exe" -install

net start Ident Server

 

This works ok but I have to visit every new machine and install the program and then click the ok button at the end.

 

Has anyone managed to get ident to install from a msi that I can put in group policy.

 

I have tried setting up NTLM up on the dansguardian box but have had no success.

 

The box is running the latest ubuntu and the latest version of dansguardian that is in the repositories.

 

Lastly if anyone has any detailed instruction on how to get NTLM to work with dansguardian I would be grateful.

 

Thanks for all your help.

 

Richard Boocock

Posted

If the OK is merely to close the process you could call a reboot function after the -install so it reboots properly.

 

An MSI used to be available but I've not seen one for a while.

Posted

Hi

 

I have tried to put a shutdown command in at the end of the script but the only problem is that the line for the reboot does not come into force as the previous line is not finished.

 

This means once you press ok it then reboots.

 

Richard

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...