Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I must admit, I had to go off and search for the system requirements before taking part in the survey. MS don't exactly make it immediately available... hiding links to 'recommended' requirements about 4 pages in!

 

For the lazy amongst you...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvista/evaluate/hardware/entpguid.mspx#ECAA

 

Following these guidelines, I had to vote 30%-40% but this is only because the recommended requirments are relatively low... I wouldn't want to run an XP system with a 600MHz P4 and 512MB RAM, never mind a Vista one!

 

I also have a very high number of laptops (over 60) which should all run it OKish but ignoring these reduces the percentage to 10% (although, most people know I use thin clients so it is probably a little unfair ;) ).

Posted

Most of our PCs should be able to run it without the bells and whistles turned on, I'd say around 75% probably could. In that 75% I think there is around a third that are capable of running everything.

 

I hope the final version is better. Beta 2 is very pretty but by god, is it sluggish! That said, the difference between XP Beta 2 and XP RC1 was astronomical so hopefully MS will pull a rabbit out of their hats.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...