TheFopp Posted November 25, 2008 Posted November 25, 2008 The instructions for installing the APS part of RMs KS3 ICT Delivery software show that it can be installed on either Windows or Linux... but they say Red Hat. I'm thinking of installing it on Ubuntu Server 8.10 (as a Virtual Machine). Has anybody got it installed on Ubuntu? Trying it out as a Virtual Machine as I remember when we installed it years ago on Windows we had all sorts of issues and eventually scrapped... the new Head of IT wants to use it though, so I thought I'd make it easier to scrap by using a VM!
james_yale Posted December 3, 2008 Posted December 3, 2008 (edited) I recently tried to move our KS3 tests onto a virtualised linux box, quite unsuccessfully. The linux install I had (aps-11.4.2-Linux.tar) seems to be broken, containing an incomplete version of the database which prevents anyone from logging in. If you install on Ubuntu you may have some problems with dependancies, the software requires some fairly specific (old) versions of some libaries for some of it's functionality. I've tried CentOS 5.2, FC9 and RHEL5 which all didn't have the required versions of the libs. I made a post in another thread with a package of libaries I found to be compatible. Edited December 3, 2008 by james_yale
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now