Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

I’m going to get a new server soon and thought I would get server 2008 standard to run on it. It will be a domain controller. Our other servers are 2003 standard. I’m confused about the licensing.

Do I need to get different ‘cals’ or can I just the buy 2008 install it and be up and running?

Any help with licensing would be great

Cheers

Posted
Unfortunately you will need to buy the CALS. Although some volume licensing you already get the latest CALS when they release the new product.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...