Lewtheblu92 Posted November 13, 2008 Posted November 13, 2008 Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this problem. I turn my laptop on, and sometimes it takes about 5mins or sometimes it can be after a matter of seconds my laptop freezes. It will then not unfreeze, i have to actually take the battery out. I've had it about 7months and this is the first time something has gone wrong. Can anyone help?
Michael Posted November 13, 2008 Posted November 13, 2008 It could a heat issue - the laptop getting very warm in a short period of time or it could possibly be a memory problem. I am guessing (from what you're saying) it's a consistent 5 mins or so, which would point to a heat problem. If the main fan on the processor fails it can cause all sorts of problems.
tim.dalton Posted November 14, 2008 Posted November 14, 2008 No useful to suggestion as to why it's doing it I'm afraid... What I'd do is reimage it, install the OS from scratch, software update as far as it'll go and see if the problem is still there. At least that way you'll know whether it's a hardware or software problem. Ta, Tim
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now