FN-GM Posted November 1, 2008 Posted November 1, 2008 Some little delight has set a password on my laptop and doesnt know what they changed it to! I am 10562 miles away from my OSX media so unable to reset the password that way. I did a google search and found this: macosxhints.com - 10.5: Reset a user's password in single user mode Does anyone know if this works? Thanks Z
kmount Posted November 1, 2008 Posted November 1, 2008 Yes, it will work. Single user mode is often what's used to reset lost/hacked unix/linux passwords. 1
mac_shinobi Posted November 1, 2008 Posted November 1, 2008 I was gonna say if that failed am sure you could of gone to an apple store and just borrowed some os x leopard discs in oz just for the sake of resetting your password.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now