meastaugh1 Posted October 30, 2008 Posted October 30, 2008 I've been having some problems with SLG2, where some web parts would not work as expected. I noticed that the SLG web solution had failed to deploy, presumably at the September upgrade. I tried redeploying it and came back later to find sharepoint sites not rendering at all. I tried removing the solution completely to rule it out as the cause. That didn't fix it, but I was able to workaround by removing these lines from the web.config: . I think I just need to get SLG back online, then can add the above back in. Sharepoint is now loading, but understandably SLG is not. I believe the wsp solution for slg is stored in the web tier package. I've had a look on the server and in the MSI, and it seems the wsp is hidden away within the MSI somewhere. (not sure if it's in the binary table somewhere, as it doesn't seem to be in the cab). I tried uninstalling web tier, but it failed, I think because I'd already removed the solution. So, I used msizap (WICU) to remove the MSI details, then run the web tier to install over the top. Now I'm stuck, it's prompting for SLG App Tier URL and AD Services Website URL. I've had a look through the text files that the installer left, and the installation documentation from Capita, but can't find anything useful. The app and web tiers are installed on the sharepoint server and the ADP is installed on the SIMS server. On the app/web server I can see a SIMSWebServices IIS site. Is that the SLG App Tier Url, or is it just the sharepoint site URL? On the SIMS server there are 5 ADP sites, so am unsure which is the correct one. Thanks.
Moohorse Posted January 29, 2009 Posted January 29, 2009 SLG App Tier URL http://:90 AD Services Website URL http://:1100/slgad.asmx Where is where you have installed the AppTier and is where you installed the AD Provisioning stuff. Steve. 2
Quackers Posted June 6, 2011 Posted June 6, 2011 Any idea what you put in the box for 'Specify the sharepoint site url' on the next screen? I thought it would be just http:// or http:///SLG but it spits those out saying its not a root sharepoint site url
vikpaw Posted June 7, 2011 Posted June 7, 2011 Any idea what you put in the box for 'Specify the sharepoint site url' on the next screen? I thought it would be just http:// or http:///SLG but it spits those out saying its not a root sharepoint site url When i did a dummy install many moons ago, i scribbled some notes, they may be of use: After filling in the gateway app on port 90 and the AD on port 1100, the next step was to run stsadm.exe -o addsolution -filename c:\....\slgwebpackage.wsp also do to stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs after that in sharepoint central admin - operations - solution management click to deploy solution to top level site. then run stsadm -o activatefeature -name CCS_portalSchoolRegistration [which was in a ..12\template\features folder] -url http://dc1:8082 rerun same command again with ccs_slgconfiguration_feature, ccs_slgcontenttypes, ccs_slgmasterpages. Now those steps are very old so probably changed by now, but maybe something rings a bell. Maybe the only relevant part is to add the port explicity on the url, especially if you've used something that isn't 80.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now