Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a fireboard installation on my Joomla and want to add new smilies.

 

Whats the quickest way of doing this? I don't want to add them all individually because I'll be on for days.

Posted

Thanks mate.

 

Not using that as is but using some of the script to add it myself:

 

// Make a MySQL Connection and connect to a table
mysql_connect("MYSQL SERVER ADD", "USER", "PASS") or die(mysql_error());
echo "Connected ";
mysql_select_db("jom1") or die(mysql_error());
echo "to database

";

for ( $counter = 1; $counter <= 837; $counter += 1){
   $idno = 49 + $counter;
   $smilie = ':smilie_' .$counter. ':';
   $loca = $counter. '.gif';
   
   mysql_query("INSERT INTO 'content01'.'jos_fb_smileys'('id','code','location','greylocation','emoticonbar')
   VALUES ('$idno','$smilie','$loca','','0')") or die(mysql_error());
}
   
?>

 

Getting an error for the mySQL statement though - it's all fairly new to me so can anybody help?

 

mysql_query("INSERT INTO 'content01'.'jos_fb_smileys'('id','code','location','greylocation','emoticonbar')
   VALUES ('$idno','$smilie','$loca','','0')") or die(mysql_error());

 

Thanks,

Posted

Right - I have created a script that can be easily edited if anybody needs to do the same as me.

 

It's my first time at releasing one of my own scripts into public so please be kind.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...