Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I've ran into an annoying issue, we have two databases of concern. One with the last years images of pupils; and the other database holding the current images of pupils. I've created an SQL query which runs and 'updates' the images. However, these images are now showing as 0x in the fields. Where as doing a select statement instead of a update statement, with the same query displays a different result e.g. 0xFFD8FEE... etc.

 

I've tried manually putting one of the results into the field which needs updating which works wonderfully. It's just when trying to use the SQL query it somehow changes to 0x.

 

Please help meeeee!!!

 

Any help be most appreciated!

 

:troll:

(Hehe I like the troll animation)

Posted

Currently using MSSQL and the query looks something similar to:

 

update myTable set imgdata = photo from myTable

left outer join [ExternalDatabase].[CurrentDatabase].[dbo].[tablePhotos] on

myTable.ID = tablePhotos.ID

 

Both fields are Image type

Posted
Well I never did find the solution or reason for the issue. However, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and then deleted and reinserted the rows of data. Seemed to work fine when inserting, just not updating.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...