SimpleSi Posted October 11, 2008 Posted October 11, 2008 All my lancs school websites seem to be down with me - is it something at my end or theirs? (or did I miss a maintenance downtime announcement ) - Cleo.net.uk is up regards Simon
dezt Posted October 12, 2008 Posted October 12, 2008 our site is down too, looks like a problem at their end.
mighty.grey.eagle Posted October 12, 2008 Posted October 12, 2008 Supposedly it is Lancashires DNS that is screwed. We expect students to access these sites anytime, anywhere so the support should be 24/7.
dgsmith Posted October 12, 2008 Posted October 12, 2008 aha, figures why we can't get email then. I thought our server had crapped itself again. Still, not good service..
SimpleSi Posted October 12, 2008 Author Posted October 12, 2008 Could I suggest we all place a call tomorrow to our friends at Westfield to ask for an out of hours contact number to report any future incidents regards Simon
SimpleSi Posted October 12, 2008 Author Posted October 12, 2008 @mge Are your internally hosted services (such as your VLE) unavailable as well? regards Simon
dgsmith Posted October 12, 2008 Posted October 12, 2008 Our email is internally hosted (exchange server), so it seems the CLEO connection to the wider interweb isn't there (the same for our RM easylink too).
Geoff Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 Could I suggest we all place a call tomorrow to our friends at Westfield to ask for an out of hours contact number to report any future incidents I enquired about out of hours support at the last network manager meeting. It was suggested that cost was the reason why there is none.
browolf Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 (edited) half of our school internet was down till I fixed the pupil proxy to talk to ips and not domain names. staff one was fine. Edited October 13, 2008 by browolf
Dos_Box Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 Big expensive bit of LCC kit (not LGfL) went 'bang' (metaphorically). They are working on a fix. More to follow hopefully.
Geoff Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 So much for all that redundancy work over the hols.
Dos_Box Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 LGfL is now fully redundant. It is not our kit which is broken (or so I am reliably informed).
bossman Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 So much for managed services having all eggs in one basket if this is the way BSF is likely to be for us then let me go quietly...................BANG!!!
Geoff Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 (edited) LGfL is now fully redundant. It is not our kit which is broken (or so I am reliably informed). The kit might be redundant but the external services and support are not. Weakest link and all that, eh? Edited October 13, 2008 by Geoff
browolf Posted October 13, 2008 Posted October 13, 2008 LGfL is now fully redundant. It is not our kit which is broken (or so I am reliably informed). maybe u can send your guys over to LCC to deal with their redundancy issues ;-)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now