indiegirl Posted March 31, 2006 Posted March 31, 2006 Quick Q, this is really for my clarification. As I understand it, if I set the default max recipients of a mail to, say, 5 then that affects everyone globally. If I then change the staff's default recipient levels to *not* be the default set on the server and set it to, say, 200, that will override the default, will it not? Just getting this clear in my head before I enable it... ta muchly :oops:
TimH Posted March 31, 2006 Posted March 31, 2006 If I then change the staff's default recipient levels to *not* be the default set on the server and set it to, say, 200, that will override the default, will it not? Yes, that's how I had it till very recently - when we first had an Exchange server some kid sent a mail to everyone. But the small limit also applies to anyone using SMTP into the server (AFAICT). We are just setting up mail enabled security groups for departments (until now everyone in maths logged on as a user - maths) so a mail to maths goes to everyone in the maths group. However with the small limit, mail from outside would get an NDR because of too many recipients, and any other "service" on your system would e.g. VLE/helpdesk/whatever bulk emailling. Tim
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now