Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just in case anyone is using the clunky Classnotebook in their school and has had issues the past week I had a reply from their tech support today saying its had an issue for a coupel of weeks.

 

Please be informed the issue with distributing pages is a known issue. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

 

Our Engineering team has been actively investigating the page distribution errors over the past three weeks, with dedicated engineers working to identify the underlying cause. During this time, several smaller fixes have also been deployed to help address the symptoms while the investigation continued.

 

We believe we have now identified the root cause and began rolling out a fix on Monday morning. Unfortunately, an unexpected issue occurred during the deployment process, which resulted in the Class Notebook toolbar temporarily not appearing in some regions.

 

The toolbar issue is now nearly resolved worldwide. Once the recovery is complete, we will be able to further validate whether the fix deployed for the page distribution issue fully addresses the root cause across all affected regions.

 

The deployment is currently halfway complete, and the early results are promising. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as our Engineering team continues working to ensure the issue is fully addressed.

 

I understand how important page distribution is for your day to day teaching activities, and I truly appreciate your patience while this work continues. As soon as we receive any confirmed updates regarding the rollout or a projected completion timeline, I will share them with you immediately.

  • Thanks 1
Posted

I was wondering why it had been so bad this term. Usually it's unreliable but generally works, this term the reliability has been awful.

 

If it's any help, using the old ClassNotebook Add-in has been a successful workaround for us. The only issue is that every page that is distributed gets turned into an open page that needs to be closed after distribution.

Posted

I put it down initially to the teachers renaming their teams and the Notebook was mismatched.. the user had loads of unlinked documents.

 

Its only a few using it fully so hopefully its back to normal now.

 

I agree, its not the best

Posted
5 minutes ago, Simcfc73 said:

Its only a few using it fully so hopefully its back to normal now.

 

I agree, its not the best

 

It's every staff member here, so we've really felt it!

 

Unlikely to be related, but we've had issues with SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive shares randomly not working for people as well. Not a great start to the term for Microsoft tbh!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...