Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm Setting up a two test xen servers

Both host servers will connect to the same filesystem on the SAN and the SAN will host the guest operating systems.

if I want to be able to perform live migrations of the guests, does the LUN have to use a distributed filesystem (GFS), or can I just use LVM on the LUN, and if so does xen take care of any file locking if the guests migrate to another host. ?

Posted (edited)

After some reading, I decided that I won't need GFS because even with a live migration only one server at a time should write to to the SAN - thus GFS would be unnecessary in this configuration.

 

actually I think I'll follow this howto before my head explodes:

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/08/23/automated-failover-and-recovery-of-virtualized-guests-in-advanced-platform

Edited by CyberNerd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...